Alternative Inspired Transgender Styled Session
While brainstorming for the styled session earlier this spring, I knew I wanted to involve local talent that I had the pleasure of working with at real weddings. I also knew that I wanted to include diversity in the shoot. Bringing the focus of the story around a transgender couple was something that was near to my heart, and I wasn’t alone. This was something that was important to everyone participating.
Seth began his journey from female to male in December of 2015. I was following his updates and progress on social media and I remember feeling so deeply excited for him and his acceptance of his true self. I was nervous reaching out to him, we had never met in person, but I knew that this was important and I wanted to share images showing his accomplishments. Thankfully, he was super excited to be a part of the session.
Everyone that was a part of this far exceeded my expectations. Obviously the goal of the session is to be published and bring more attention to the vendors and there creative abilities, but regardless I am just thankful that everyone can have these images to eventually promote themselves, and that we can shine even more beautiful light on the LGBT community.
Do yourself a favor and check out all of these incredibly talented vendors. Links at the end of gallery.
- Hair/Makeup: Baily Dehenau, https://www.facebook.com/BsMakeupArtistry/?pnref=lhc Insta: @makeupbaily
- Wedding Planner: Ashley Cox, The Bride's Maid https://www.facebook.com/TBMweddings/?fref=ts Insta: @thebridesmaidweddings
- Florist: Angie Ebert, Blue Hill Flower Farm http://www.bluehillflowerfarm.com/ Insta: @bluehillflowerfarm
- Cake Designer: Brittany Swineford, Sugar Rush https://www.facebook.com/sugarrushgpp/?pnref=lhc
- Invitation Designer: Annie Moore, Peonies and Polkadots https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeoniesPolkaDots
- Rings: SCOUT, http://www.scoutroyaloak.com/ Insta: @scoutroyaloak
- Jewelry Accessories: Kelly Cordova, Chloe + Isabelle https://www.facebook.com/chloeandisabel/?fref=ts
- Signage: Sara Bethune, Sweet Annie Rustics https://www.facebook.com/sweetannierustics/?pnref=lhc
- MODELS: Karla Bossenbery, Kayla Bossenbery (TWINS!) Seth Halasy, Vlad Kima